Saturday, September 13, 2014 Noon to 6pm
Ceili (Irish Social Dance) 6:30pm – 8:30pm
FREE Admission & Parking
Saturday, September 13, 2014 we are proud to invite you to 19th Annual CCÉ Irish Folk Festival in Fairfax, VA. The festival is presented by the Washington DC metropolitan area branch of the CCÉ, with sponsorship from The City of Fairfax and The City of Fairfax Commission on the Arts. All are invited to enjoy, free of charge, the “pure drop” - the beauty and depth of Irish music, dance, language and sport as it has taken root and come into full flower in our community.
The festival will take place at two venues:
The Sherwood Center at Van Dyck Park, 3740 Old Lee Hwy, Fairfax, VA 22030 (Noon to 8:30)
The Auld Shebeen Irish Pub & Restaurant, 3791 Chain Bridge Rd, Fairfax, VA 22030 (Noon - 6pm).
The ceili will take place at Sherwood 6:30 - 8:30pm & the Fairfax Gaelic Football Club will play a game at 1pm in Van Dyck Park. Don't miss the fun!
"Say It Loud: I'm an Irish tune lover and I'm PROUD!"
Collectors' Edition of the CCE Irish Festival Tee Shirt will be available for purchase at the Festival. Supplies are limited! Christmas is 3 short months away! Get some while they last!
Penny Whistle Pub!Enjoy a few pints with friends.
- Step Dance and Sean Nos dance performances and workshops
- Traditional Irish Music: fiddle, banjo, pipes, flute, accordion, drum, singing, and more. Sessions, performances and instructional workshops
- Gaelic Football and hurling demonstrations (participation optional!)
- Beer, at the Penny Whistle Pub, on-site!
- Genealogy, History, Irish Language Workshops
Further information at www.CCEPotomac.org