11101 & 11091 Fairfax Boulevard
In 2015 the City Council approved the request of Novus Fairfax Gateway, LLC to rezone the properties from C-2 Retail Commercial, I-2 Industrial and Highway Corridor Overlay District to C-2 Retail Commercial with proffers, to redevelop the entire site with a mixed-use project of five individual buildings comprised of 403 apartment units and 29,000 square feet of commercial use, inclusive of 25,000 square feet of retail and restaurant and 4,000 square feet of office.
The applicant is proposing to amend the previously approved General Development Plan and Proffers. The proposal maintains the 403 multifamily apartment units including the proffered 24 affordable units, with a more varied mix of units including studios, 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom and 3-bedroom. The proposed commercial space has been reduced from the 29,000 square feet approved to 19,136 square feet. The previously approved 4,000 square feet of office space for a non-profit group is still included. The remaining 15,136 square feet of commercial space is proposed as restaurant and general ground floor retail. One of the previously approved buildings has been removed from the plan and the footprint of another has been revised. The pool has moved from the roof of the garage to behind Building 300.
Amendment to the previously approved General Development Plan and Proffers;
Special Use Permits to:
- Permit Multi-family Residential Use in CR District; and
- Permit Upper Story Residential/Mixed Uses in CR District.
Special Exceptions to:
- Reduce the percentage of ground floor non-residential uses for upper story residential/mixed use buildings;
- Reduce the number of required parking spaces for multi-family buildings;
- Reduce the number of required parking spaces for upper story residential/mixed use buildings;
- Increase the maximum building height;
- Eliminate requirement of sidewalks on both sides of streets;
- Modify the required street tree requirements; and
- Reduce the required perimeter parking lot landscaping.
|DATE||DESCRIPTION||STAFF REPORT||VIDEO LINK|
|April 10, 2018||City Council Work Session||
|April 09, 2018||Planning Commission Work Session|
|March 28, 2018||Board of Architectural Review Work Session||
FF Realty IV LLC
Kelly O'Brien, Senior Planner