17th annual Fairfax Civil War Day
Saturday, April 29, 2017 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Proceeds benefit the restoration of Historic Blenheim.
Presented by the City of Fairfax, Historic Fairfax City Inc. and "Fairfax Rifles," Co, D., 17th Virginia Infantry Regiment Living History Society
- Historic Blenheim House (First Floor) Tours (11 a.m. - 5 p.m.) Meet Union Surgeon Bleecker Hovey and Nurse Marilla Hovey
- Grandma’s Cottage Open for Self-Guided Tours (12 p.m. - 3 p.m.)
- Civil War Interpretive Center (10 a.m. - 5 p.m.) Historic Blenheim’s soldier’s and replica of Historic Blenheim’s Attic with Union soldier signatures and pictographs
- Atrium Exhibition: “Fairfax Circuit Court Civil War Documents”
- Multipurpose Room: Talks
- Civil War Authors and Vendors Tent (10 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
- Wagon Rides (12 p.m. - 4 p.m.)
Living History Presenters and Displays 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Sue Sodomin – Clara Barton
- Federal Military Medical Unit – Chief Surgeon Raugh
- Jenée Lindner – Sarah Tracy – guardian of Mt. Vernon
- Fairfax Rifles, Co. D, 17th Virginia Infantry
- 49th Virginia Infantry
- Al Stone – Gen. Robert E. Lee with
- Lee’s Lieutenants - Laura Ratcliffe, Major Harmon (Quatermaster of 2nd Corps),Gen Polk, Gen Ewell, Gen Johnston, Gen Early, Governor EB Smith, Gen Armistead, Gen Gordon, Gen Cooper, Gen Jackson, Cdr Waddell (CS Navy), Gen Hoke, Gen AP Hill, President Davis, Gen Gregg, Gen Trimble, Mrs Chestnut, Capt Tompkins, Gen EP Alexander, Col L. Guild
- President Lincoln, Gen Grant, Gen Sheridan, and Secretary of War Edwin Stanton
- 2nd South Carolina String Band
- Bill Scott & Friends - "Black Horse Cavalry"
- 2nd Corps USA Headquarters – Officers and Engineers
- Patrick O’Neill – Gen. John Caldwell, 1st Division, II Corps U.S.A.
- 54th Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry (United States Colored Troops)
- 23rd Regiment United States Colored Troops
- Living History Troupe – “Women of the Civil War Era,” portraying women of African descent and the fight for freedom
- U.S. Colored Troops – “Voices of Freedom,” students portraying African-American sailors through words and songs
- Beverly Pelcher and Rex Hovey – Nurse Marilla Hovey and Surgeon Bleecker Lansing Hovey of the 136th New York State Volunteers (first floor parlor of the Blenheim House)
- Adele Air – “Civil War Medicine”
- Carpenter’s Battery, C.S.A.
- Battery B, 1st Connecticut Light Artillery, U.S.A.
- Jeff Dunkelberger and Caitlin Garvey – “The Village Blacksmith”
- James Mansfield – “Building a Winter Hut”
- Katrina Krempasky, Heather Bollinger, and Victoria Thompson –“Fairfax Circuit Court Civil War Documents”
Schedule of EventsSchedule of events will be posted soon, stay tuned for more details