Students: Get where you need to go – FAST and FREE!
Did you know that you can now sign-up for the Free Student Bus Pass Pilot Program at Fairfax High School and Lanier Middle School and ride the City of Fairfax CUE and Fairfax Connector for free? You can check for more information at your school’s administration office; you need to have your parent’s/guardian’s approval for signing up. Students who are home schooled or attend private school may contact Tom Italiano at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a pass.
- For route and schedule information, contact:
- City of Fairfax CUE at 703-385-7858, TTY 711 or www.cuebus.org
- Fairfax Connector Customer Service at 703-339-7200, TTY 711, or email@example.com
- For pass distribution information, check with your school's administration or email Tom Italiano at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
3 Things to Remember - Applying For Your Free Pass
- The free student bus pass permits students to ride City of Fairfax CUE and Fairfax Connector for free from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m., seven days a week.
- Students must contact their school's administration office to get the appropriate forms to sign up.
- Parental/guardian consent is required for this program (this is a requirement of FCPS; Fairfax County Government and the City of Fairfax do not distribute consent forms.)
Tips for Riding City of Fairfax CUE and Fairfax Connector
- Have your student pass out and ready to show the driver when you board the bus.
- Your Free Student Pass will only work on City of Fairfax CUE and Fairfax Connector. If you switch to Metro or another bus system you will need cash or a SmarTrip® card.
- Your pass works seven days a week from 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Other times you will need cash or a SmarTrip® card.
- Another important thing to remember is to give respect to get respect. It’s important to be kind to other riders, especially those with special needs. There are seats designed just for them so try to avoid sitting there.
- If you get lost or turned around, the CUE and Fairfax Connector drivers are great! Just tell them you need help and they will help you.