The Burke Station Road project will be dormant through the winter and construction is expected to resume in mid to late March 2018 when temperatures permit installation of concrete and asphalt. Concrete and asphalt production plants are in their maintenance periods and materials are not as readily available through the winter. Installation of asphalt and concrete in low temperatures typically results in reduced durability.
All storm pipe and structures have been installed. In the spring we will begin with curb/gutter and sidewalk installation, finish site grading, and lastly asphalt paving and pavement markings. Public Works will resurface the full width (both north and southbound sides) of Burke Station Rd along the length of the project area. The remaining work is expected to take 5-8 weeks and we will notify you before construction resumes.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us;
703 273 6073 for Satoshi Eto, Public Works; firstname.lastname@example.org
703 385 7810 for Public Works main office
- This project includes the design and construction of 1,100 linear feet of new curb, gutter and sidewalk resulting in pedestrian and drainage improvements on Burke Station Road between Main Street and Stoughton Road.
- Detour at Burke Station Road is over, there will continue to be lane closures and flag men. Majority of utility and storm drain work is completed. Curb/gutter, sidewalk and paving work is currently in progress. Project will go dormant when low temperatures prohibit concrete and asphalt placement.
- West side of Burke Station Road between Main Street and Stoughton Road.
- Construction started on October 2017 and is expected to be completed by March 2018 (weather permitting).
Project Concept Plans:
- Burke Station Rd Concept 1
- Burke Station Rd Concept 2
- Burke Station Rd Concept 3
- Burke Station Rd Concept 4
- Burke Station Rd Grading Plans
- Burke Station Rd Stormwater Design
Project Final Plans:
- Burke Station Rd Final 1
- Burke Station Rd Final 2
- Burke Station Rd Final 3
- Burke Station Rd Final 4
- Burke Station Rd Final 5
Documents for Download:
- Burke Station Road Project Detour Notification (8/2/17)
- Public Hearing Presentation (6/23/15)
- Presentation to City Council (9/2/14)
|Existing Condition (North)|
|Existing Condition (South)|