KENMORE DRIVE LANE CLOSURE
Chain Bridge Road Bridge Replacement Project
Please be advised that the following access restrictions have been made to Kenmore Drive. These restrictions are necessary for a water main relocation required as part of the Chain Bridge Road bridge replacement project scheduled to begin in late March.
- Kenmore Drive between Chain Bridge Road and Mason Street is one way westbound. The eastbound lane in this area is closed to traffic for the water main relocation.
- Right turns will be permitted from Kenmore Drive onto northbound Chain Bridge Road.
- No left turns will be permitted onto Chain Bridge Road from Kenmore Drive.
- No left turns will be permitted onto Kenmore Drive from southbound Chain Bridge Road.
- No right turns will be permitted onto Kenmore Drive from northbound Chain Bridge Road.
Please see the below that shows the work area and the turning restrictions for Kenmore Drive.
These restrictions will remain in place during the bridge replacement construction. When the bridge replacement construction begins, the city will implement a detour for northbound Chain Bridge Road; you will be notified by mail about that detour before the bridge demolition begins. Until that time, Chain Bridge Road will remain open in both directions.
We will continue to provide you updates about this project. Visit the City Website at www.fairfaxva.gov to keep abreast of the Chain Bridge Road bridge replacement project and related road conditions. Sign up for eMAS (eMAS.fairfaxva.gov) to receive road detour and traffic alteration information for this and other road projects by electronic messages via e-mail and text.
We appreciate your patience throughout this process.
If you have questions or comments, please contact Ben Lineberry at (540) 414-5440 or Peter Millard at (703) 246-6330 or email@example.com.
Click here for a PDF version of the below map.