- Provide a third westbound lane on Fairfax Boulevard from Bevan Drive to Jermantown Road.
- Widen northbound Jermantown Road to allow for two through lanes adjacent to the left turn lane into the Giant shopping center entrance.
- Geometric improvements to southbound Jermantown Road to provide a dual right turn lane, through lane, and left turn lane.
- Replace span-wire signals with mast arm signals at both Fairfax Boulevard/Jermantown Road and Fairfax Boulevard/Bevan Drive.
Benefits of the Improvements:
- Reduce overall congestion experienced within the project.
- Additional westbound lane will decrease PM traffic congestion for westbound U.S. Route 50.
- Additional southbound right turn lane will decrease PM traffic congestion for southbound Jermantown Road.
- Improve mobility on northbound Jermantown Road in the vicinity of the intersection with Fairfax Boulevard.
- Project currently under construction
- Summer 2016 anticipated completion
- This project has been successfully completed.
Documents for Download: