- The City Council voted to implement a “road diet” on University Drive between Armstrong Street and South Street. The proposed project would modify the configuration of the roadway to provide three travel lanes (one lane in each direction plus a two-way center turn left turn lane), and bicycle lanes on both sides of the roadway instead of four lanes (two lanes in each direction). The transition area from the existing four lane configuration to the proposed three lane configuration would occur between South Street and Sager Avenue. This change is proposed as a one-year pilot project. The purpose of the proposed project is to provide improved facilities and connectivity for bicyclists and calm traffic on University Drive.
- Expected completion - Summer, 2016
- University Drive between Armstrong Street and South Street.
Documents for Download:
- University Drive Presentation - Work Session (09/08/15)
- University Drive Presentation - Public Hearing (09/28/15)
- University Drive Concept