10455 Armstrong Street
Fairfax, VA 22030
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm weekdays
Through the Commissioner of the Revenue and the Treasurer, the city offers limited services previously offered only by the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) .
The City of Fairfax offers limited DMV services from 8:30 am. to 4:30 pm. weekdays (excluding holidays); 703.385.7880. The DMV office in City Hall does not issue state drivers licenses or identification cards. These services are limited to:
- Titles: original, substitute, replacement, maintenance
- Registration: original, renewal, transfer, reissue, surrender
- Issue license plates (Including special and personalized plates)
- Trip or overload permits
- Original handicapped parking placards
- Voter registration applications
- Driver transcript requests
- Address changes that do not involve issuance of a drivers license or ID card
DMV2GO and DMV Connect
The DMV 2 Go mobile customer service centers continue to make rounds through Virginia providing all DMV transactions. Thanks to partnerships with other government agencies, customers may also purchase certified copies of Virginia vital records including birth, marriage, divorce, and death certificates, obtain E-ZPass transponders and apply for hunting and fishing licenses.
DMV2GO provides all DMV transactions that a full service center can
DMV Connect is a portable outreach program that, like DMV 2 Go, brings services to busy Virginians. Everything DMV Connect needs to operate packs up into a portable suitcase and can be set up anywhere.
DMV Connect provides all DMV transactions except vital records and testing