Since January 3, 2014 Fairfax Water has been the water provider for the City of Fairfax. This means all water related activities, including customer service, billing, construction projects and water main breaks, will be handled by Fairfax Water. Please contact Fairfax Water at 703-698-5800, TTY: 711 for all matters regarding water services.
Water Main Break?
Water Main Breaks will be repaired by Fairfax Water. If you see evidence of a water main break call Fairfax Water at 703-698-5613 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to report the incident and receive assistance.
Initiating/Terminating Water and Wastewater Accounts
To initiate or terminate accounts for water or wastewater services, please contact Fairfax Water at 703-698-5800.
Note, only those persons whose names are registered to an account will have access to it.
For more information, visit Fairfax Water's Customer Service page.
Drinking Water/Water Quality
The City of Fairfax is pleased to provide you with the Annual Drinking Water Quality Report. This report contains information about the drinking water quality provided from the City’s water treatment plant at Goose Creek. This report is required to be presented annually as mandated by the Environmental Protection Agency & the Virginia Department of Health. Any questions or concerns regarding the report please feel free to contact the Public Works Wastewater Division at 703-385-7915.
For the water quality report please click the link below.
ATTENTION: As of January 3, 2014, all water and reports on water quality will be provided to the City’s service area by Fairfax Water’s treatment plants.
Water Service Transition — Related Documents:
- Options for the Future of the City’s Water Treatment Facilities (March, 2012)
- Letter from Mayor and City Council (February 22, 2013)
- News Release: City of Fairfax Water Customers to Save Significant Money, Receive Higher-Quality Water Under New Proposal (February 25, 2013)
- At a Crossroads: The Future of the City of Fairfax Water System (March, 2013)
- The City of Fairfax, Fairfax Water and Fairfax County Joint Statement regarding water service for City of Fairfax Customers (April 10, 2013)
- Frequently Asked Questions