The Fairfax City Economic Development Office in partnership with the Economic Development Authority is launching an online business directory. Our goal with the directory is to provide a handy and user-friendly online resource for residents and visitors to easily find businesses and services around the city.
Residents and visitors will find the directory on the City’s Economic Development Office website, City Business Directory and it will include a searchable listing of all registered Fairfax City businesses.
Listing your business in the online directory is free and available only to Fairfax City businesses. Each listing will include the following information: business name, logo, address, business description, phone number, hours of operation, and link to your website.
Each business will have the opportunity to classify itself within various categories. Users will be able to search alphabetically or by category. Once an entry is received, reviewed, and approved, each business will get a confirmation email that its listing has been added to the database.
To get started, all you need is to pull together the information below. Once you have it, visit City Business Directory to register your business.
- Business Name
- Hours of Operation
- Business Phone Number
- Fax Number
- Street Address
- Business Website Address
- Business Logo - 150 pixel x 150 pixel
- Business Details - Keywords about your business and social media information.
- Category Listing - Use category listing provided below and choose all that apply.
|Advertising & Media||Publishers, Public Relations, Marketing, Film & Media Production|
|Auto & Motorcycle||Automobile Dealers, Auto Body & Painting, Vehicle Services, Gas Stations|
|Business & Professional Services||Business Coaching, Consulting, and Services|
|Computers & Telecommunications||Computer/IT Services, Telecommunications|
|Construction & Building Services||General Contractors, Construction, Engineers, Architects|
|Education||Colleges/Universities, Educational Services, K-12 Schools, Tutoring|
|Entertainment||Arts, Entertainment, Recreation, Travel, Events, Museums, Cultural Arts|
|Non-Profit Organizations||Family, Community & Civic Organizations|
|Finance & Insurance||Banks, Financial Advisors, Insurance|
|Professional Health Services||Medical Centers & Clinics, Dentists|
|Home & Garden||Home & Garden, Remodeling - Bath & Kitchen|
|Hospitality||Hotels & Motels, Event & Meeting Facilities|
|Personal Services & Care||Salons & Spas, Funeral Homes|
|Real Estate, Moving, & Storage||Residential, Commercial, Moving, Storage|
|Restaurants||Full Service, Casual Dining, Fast Food|
|Shopping & Retail||Appliances, Clothing Apparel, Accessories, Music|
|Sports & Recreation||Golf Courses & County Clubs, Sports Facility, Sports Teams, Gyms|
|Transportation||Automobile & Truck Rental, For Hire Vehicles, Driver Training|
Frequently asked questions:
- What is the cost of being included in the City Business Directory?
- Inclusion in the City Business Directory is for Fairfax City businesses only and free of charge.
- How do I know if my business is located in Fairfax City?
- If you are unsure if your business is located in Fairfax City, please email the Economic Development office at EconomicDevelopment@fairfaxva.gov.
- I do not see a category that fits my business. How do I identify one?
- Please email the Economic Development office at EconomicDevelopment@fairfaxva.gov.
- Can I edit or change my information?
- Yes, once you register and your listing is reviewed, you will receive a confirmation email that you business listing has been verified. Please review the business listing information on the confirmation email. Each business is responsible for correcting and/or updating any information. Contact the Economic Development office at EconomicDevelopment@fairfaxva.gov to submit any updates/changes.
- How long will take to receive a confirmation email that my business has been added to the directory?
- Please allow 3 business days to confirm your submission.
Please contact the Economic Development Office at EconomicDevelopment@fairfaxva.gov with any questions.